Hello All!

Howdy to everyone. I was a member to the forum before all the problems came about quite a while ago. I'm just coming back in full force now. My online name is Troutman10. My real name is Wes. I'm from the Watertown, NY area where I mainly like to flyfish small streams for trout, troll for walleye and bass and jig or troll the finger lakes for trout (mainly keuka). I attended Keuka College and graduated in the spring of 2005. While I was there I started the Keuka College Fishing Club and carried out the Keuka College Fly Casting Tournament for my 400 level Sports Management class. I was recently engaged to a great girl from the Canandaigua area and am looking to move to the area ASAP. I'm excited to get down there, eventhough I will miss home (it's only a couple hours), get a job and live life. My boat is a 2001 Lowe open bow at 16.5 feet with a 15 hp Suzuki 4 stroke. The best day I've had in my boat was when I had a 20+ lake trout day on Keuka Lake in September of 2005. Gas prices have really kept me from fishing the fingers for this spring which I regret, but I'll be living there soon. Glad to be back. Have a good one! Tight lines everyone!

The fishing club still has the same site as when I was at Keuka. Last time I spoke to people at the college they told me the fishing club is still going. Wish I could of stuck around and made a little more out of it, but thats ok as long as it's still operating. The link is as follows:

http://www.keuka.edu/studentLife/Studen ... g_Club.htm

I'm the one with the Brown in the bottom right hand of the site. Also, look in the top right picture and I'm the one in the white shirt all the way to the left. We did fishing charters at the end of the year my last two years at Keuka. It was great to see others get into fishing. Another good thing is that we had mostly girls in the club. : ) It's interesting to learn that most everyone who I ever talked about fishing to said they fished at some point in their life (mostly when they were young). Fishing, as well as hunting, hold an important niche in American society and our past.

Wow that is really cool! I can't believe that more colleges don't have something like this in place. I see plenty of environmental groups but very few actually devoted to fishing. I spent my college years at RIT would have loved to see a club like this. The only thing your website is missing is a nice "Proud Member of LOU" badge :)

Thanks for sharing!

Chad