Sandy May24th Pm and 25th Am

Sunday: Hoped the bite was still as hot as I had read/heard in the AM!

Got the wife aka Mrs 2 Rods to go with me for a Sunday afternoon trip. Put out the wire and set one pole in the rigger and hadn't cranked down the line yet and a shaker hits it but gone :x . got the poles set and had the wire rip a little later with a dalmation spinny with a Atomic Blue Mirage fly and it was a beauty of a king that put on a great show out of the water with 2 huge jumps then it was screamin time for it :x took me out to 500ft and just sat there like someone tied it to something, it just would not budge :shock: :evil: decided to have the Mrs turn the boat to the get the fish out to the side a bit and try to get a little line back, got it to 280ft and then shake shake shake GONE :x :x :x :x :x :x :x ;( . Never did it go slack either Ray!

Got one king in the 7-8 lb range, the batteries were dead in the camera and the wife chopped have of my head (a good thing) and half of the fish off with the phone camera. Caught 4 more little skippers and cohos and called it a night.

Kings were in the 140' area down 20 - 40 and the wire was out 125.

The skippers and cohos came in the 80' range at various depths and on spooks, a honeybee colored lure and a purple/blue black dot NK dimple light (not sure of the make of the other as it were given to me by someone) I threw it all at them, emptied the tackle boxes. Mupped, cheated, fixed cheaters, short leads, long leads, Mags, 28s, wire in and out everything but lead core (I refuse to use!)

Decided after reading all the posts and talk of the 15-20+ fish being caught on Sunday before 9AM that I would go out again for a morning run with a friend and his son after getting a whopping 2hrs sleep :shock:

Hit the water at 6am and talked to a guy that said he had gotten 20 the day before.

Went out to 80ft and dropped the lines lost one small king in the 7-8lb range right behind the boat. Managed to get this one for my friends son Wyatt

fish001.jpg

his first king :D

That was in 84ft of water down 50' on a NK 28 gold monkey puke.

Then this is what happened and I was NOT HAPPY AT ALL :!: I was not paying attention for a minute and I trolled into the 75ft range and I had dropped one of the riggers down to 80' earlier. Well what happens next angers me to no end, pisses me right off makes me want to bang my head on the side of the boat........

A pole pops straight up I grab it thinking darn I caught bottom, then I realize it's not the bottom rod :shock: but it feels like it's stuck so I think it's caught on another rod but no worse yet it's a LAKE TROUT I think cut the line who cares about 1 lost lure and a little of line. Instead I decide to let the kid bring it in. The fight was unreal, I mean unreal like I can't believe that a fish hooked in it's mouth won't even make a movement, but wait it gets to the top and MOVES :shock: :shock: even splashed once :shock: Well I had to net it so we could take a picture for him (I washed the net 3 times to get out the smell) released it to so that Brian (Gambler) could get it another day :P:lol:

Here it is:

fish002.jpg

That's how the morning ended for us. Looks like it was a day late and a dollar short for me as I talked to a couple of guys that didn't do any better. Heard a little radio talk but it didn't sound all that great.

Seems like the few bigger fish liked the lures right behind the ball.

P.S did I mention that that stupid laker pooped in the boat :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x and Sub troll still not working unless it's down 10ft or less :x

laker man looks like your gonna have to stay in close to shore like 10 ft water for accurate down speed.you need to check out www.lakerdiapers.com they sell all the stuff you need for a great day of laker fishing keeping your boat clean and this year they introduced the new "laker taker pooper scooper" .i heard the Raiders will be handing them out free to the first 300 people each game so get your tickets early.never mind on he early tickets all that show up are about 300 unless there playing the......... BILLS..........thats BUFFALO BILLS for you silver and black fellas

hey tom we were out there mon I was in the 100' fow and got 2 small kings like cut bait small lol. one came on a nk mag frog glow about 45' down the other came on a nbk red and sliver 40' down. not a good day at all for me I seen some others getting some fish but you know not every one plays nice out there lol I might get out tonight if the rain holds off who knows I will post if I do. also that weight works great thanx