Cayuga Aug 6-7

Fished Sun and Mon morning, both trips out of Union Springs around 7am and back at 10:30ish.  Set up on the west side in front of the college. 

Brought my daughter Sunday.  Now I'm thinking she might be my new "autopilot."  Little chop from the south west early.  We ran two divers out 200 and two riggers all over, 40-80.  Divers went off pretty steady and landed fish on FF and a black & gold stinger, a few rigger hits with no one home, only one a small laker stuck that hit on the turn.  Dropped too many fish really.  Just weren't sticking... either tripping the release and letting go or out on the divers for a bit, then breaking the surface and getting loose or shaking off still out 75.  Managed to net everything we got to the boat though, which was nice with just the two of us.  Landed 7 decent fish and lost maybe just as many.  Had a blast though.  Beautiful day, got her reeling in fish, and she realized that she likes to drive the boat.

Monday I went out with a buddy of mine.  Picked up 8 fish and lost 2-3.  All but one fish came on a flasher fly combo, ran a green flasher and a green spin doctor, one on the port rigger and one on the starboard diver.  Swapped sppons all morning and just couldn't find what they liked.  Later in the morning went out a bit deeper to 130-140 and set the divers back further to 275.  Took three hits in the last half hour on those two rods.  Had to run back to town so we were off the water by 11:00.  It was hot by 8:00 and the weeds were a pain in the a## for stretches.  No fleas to speak of.  Got everything released clean but the one that my buddy dropped on its head 2-3 times.  Tried to torpedo him once or twice to dive, he swam a little bit, but he wasn't having it, so he found the cooler.

Would like to fish a high rod or two and target rainbows, browns and landlocked.  Might try stacking the riggers?  Those fish make their way north to LP, Aurora, etc?

post-156031-0-91448200-1441719454_thumb.jpg

post-156031-0-44450600-1441720307_thumb.jpg

Sounds like you did well! Great job taking a youngun fishing!

Running the slider with a FF on the bottom is tough when it comes in it wants to wrap up. I usually run one FF deep, no slider and a spoon with slider about 50-65 down on the other rigger, seems to cover the depth spectrum.

ten color on an inline is also a hot setup for me.

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Sounds like you had a great two days on the Lake! Always nice to have a dependable co-pilot.

Just curious, what size divers you were using? Thanks!

Pretty sure they are size #1, maybe 4 1/4"?  All black on one side, purple on the other.