.25-06 or 6.5 Creedmoor Thoughts? Pros / Cons

DJ 17

These might work for you.

http://www.amazon.com/Talley-Tikka-Master-Scope-Mount/dp/B00DUEN42O

BTW I use the rings it came with for my nikon 3x9-40mm. The objective clears the gun no problem with room to spare. I'll see if I can get a picture tonight.

Edited by Chas0218

Finally got to spend some time behind the Tikka.  Fired some 120gr Fusions. they were all over the place. The 140's were much better and got it in the neighborhood. Fired 3 handloads that were 120 gr Barnes ttsx (Thanks Dan) and 44 grains of 4350.  They were about a 1" group 2 inches high at 100 yds so I am getting there.  Happy with the gun so far, but I do wish the clip was more rugged.  Also, shot some 140 gr Nosler Partition factory loads as well as some 154 gr round nose sierra's I believe that my Dad had laying around.  Both of those rounds shot fairly well and if I played with them I think they would shoot fine, at this point I am leaning towards the Barnes 120's.

Dan,

Did you find anything in particular to tighten up your groups with your handloads?  I could push the bullet out farther in the case and it will fit in the chamber fine, but it will not fit in the clip.  Did you ever experiment with more or less powder? Results?  Have better luck with 1 casing vs another?  I just bought fresh Hornady cases that the 3 shots were fired form, also have Nosler brass.

Many things can tighten up groups,different powder,amount of powder,seating length ect

Start with one thing at a time,don't do more than one change at once .

For seating depth I like to kiss the lands but magazine constraints may prohibit you from doing that.

If you start at the start (the lands) you only have one direction to go if you need to adjust.

1" is the best I get with the 120gr TTSX,I've better groups with R15 and Varget

the 120gr Nosler ballistic tips will give you best groups 9 out of 10 times but how much better than 1" do you need in a hunting rifle?

Edited by dvdegeorge