Not caught in finger lakes but had to share it...

I fish mostly the finger lakes year round...but we are in Miami this weekend to see cowboys dolphins game and decided to go out on a 4 hour sport fishing charter...the captain asked what I'd like to catch and I said a shark...he laughed and said not the right time of year for sharks...two hours in and not a bite to be seen...I hooked this 81 inch hammer head...half hour later we boated him...definitely a fish of lifetime for me...we measured him and tagged him and released him...the cool thing is with the tag in if anyone catches him again they will let know when and where and how big he is...took lots of photos and measure ments and he will be on my mantle in 3 months the taxidermist says...my Xmas present my wife says...lol...sorry to put here but just had to share as I fish with s bunch of you on the finger lakes

Sent from my E6782 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

That's awesome Letsfish, I'm sure you had a blast!!! I take it your doing a replica, which I think is awsome, if I ever catch a 30#+ laker I'm getting a replica done. I have a 42" northern and a 12 3/4# 34" walleye. I had the actual fish done and after 25 years they are showing signs of old age which I'm not happy about.. I would think the replicas would hold up much better. Congrats on your trip and catch!! PAP.

Edited by pap