WARNING TO NEW CELL PHONE PURCHASERS

for anyone who ever has had to wait in excess for lowrance service .try getting service from AT&T 59 MIN AND WAITING gettin billed for calls to Malaysia when calling my friend in odessa ny.there tech service is trying to figure it out duh. can you say computer glitch they cant ,increased dropped calls they cant explane,poor sevice in areas that were great before att took over they cant explane needless to say consider other options before looking at AT&T............... IF ANYONE ELSE HAS EXPERIENCED THIS FEEL FREE TO POST

At work I deal with Sprint, T-mobile, and AT&T wireless service and I have come to realize that you will have problems with all of them at times. It all depends on the customer service rep that you get.

Personally my family plan is with Verizon. I have great coverage where I travel/live as well as off-shore.

I have only had one problem with them, but it tokk months to rectify. I had free "in network" calling but we were still being billed for minutes on in network calls. This resulted in several hundred $$$ in overage fees the first month. Called and was told all was correct and we would be credited for the charges.

2nd month same thing only >$400 in charges on top of the previous months charges. We owed $700+ now. Called again and was told the same...of course they didn't know how this oversight happened. Next thing I know our service was terminated. Called and explained the issue and it was "corrected" once again and service was resumed only to find a fee tacked on to our now higher bill for turnng service back on. This went on for 6 months with disconnect after disconnect and false promises to straighten out...

Finally, I called and got a very "pleasant" woman by the name of Shenequa...or was it Shaneanea...maybe Moweesha...hell I don't remember....

She listened to my story of all the problems and promises only to tell me that the balance of $1400+ was what we owed and that i had gotten all the charge reversals that I was going to get. I asked to talk to a manager and she told me that there was no one there, and even if there was I wasn't going to talk to them. She even told me that she was tired of people like me trying to screw them out of money and proceded to hang up on me. DAMN!!!she pushed the wrong buttons! I was ready to hunt her down and give her a peice of my mind!.

I was finally able to resolve the issue by doing some on-line research on Verizon Wireless. I managed to find out the Executive VP name and office number in Rochester to which I placed a call. I spoke with his Assistant who was very upset with the way I was treated and the issues that I was having. Needless to say she handled it for me through some of her connections and it was corrected that day!

I only hope that there was a a log that showed who it was that I talked to so she could be dealt with!

Sorry for being so long winded but just recalling this incident had me fuming again!

Thank goodness i got ahold of a very competent superviser who promesed to return a call with a agreed resolvment in 40 to 60 min.lets see that was 4 hrs ago ..i even gave her my home number in case my cell service droped out again well ill just keep waiting .

Ray,

My son and I both have AT&T and never a problem. When we fished the Pro/Am my son lost his signal he used my phone and within minutes he was back in service. We have no problems off shore at all. I even have towing package and 2 weeks ago my wife driving my jeep the starter went in Tops parking lot. She called for service and 20 minutes later truck was towed right inside my garage.

Sorry your having problems......tough week for you buddy

Hows your dad?

thanks ...att bought out cell one who ive been with for 14 years (the ol bag days) and have had more glitches ,overages and compeuter errors in 6 months than the last 14 years so its kinda tuff ,but i did get the call a few min ago and they resolved this latest issue .so im stuck with them till my contract expires or pay 175.00 x 3 to get outa contract so 4 outa 6 bills ive had to talk with someone for overages .I wonder how many people just pay the bill and dont pay attention to there charges.........tomorrows another day.

Ray I love their bills! They are great, very easy to understand and not a lot of extra mumbo jumbo in it. Just straight easy reading bills...........................................................................................................

NOT :shock:

The person responsible for coming up with that crap of a billing format should be taken out in a boat with me to get a hook in there finger, puked on and made to stand there and witness Ray K in the buff:x :x :x

I'm thinking of opening up a restaurant and sending out the checks written like those. I'll be rich!

The person responsible for coming up with that crap of a billing format should be taken out in a boat with me to get a hook in there finger, puked on and made to stand there and witness Ray K in the buff:x :x :x

Thanks for that Tom. I was enjoying a cookie until I read that!

thanks ....so im stuck with them till my contract expires or pay 175.00 x 3 to get outa contract so 4 outa 6 bills ive had to talk with someone for overages .I wonder how many people just pay the bill and dont pay attention to there charges.........tomorrows another day.

Ray tell them to read your contract and the next time THEY break it you are going else where and will NOT be paying the $175 X 3 because they are NOT giving you what you are paying for so the breached (sp) it. :shock: