Finally got the boat in the water and some observations

Anyway my observations were that gobies are all over the place. My son kept catching them when we anchored. One was probably close to7 inches. I did not think they got that big. Are they taking over the lakeor what? He caught more gobies than rock bass or small mouth. Secondly, the bugs were terrible.

There are quite a few gobies. Population in Big-O really went up this last year. Bugs are being reported at just about all the ports. Don't know what mother-nature is doing there.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

GB,

I saw you go ny our boat on your way out Saturday Pm, looks good, I know how you feel, not happy enough until it shines the way you want it. The bite has been up north, for the most consistant numbers anyways. Not sure what the storm did to the lake, but Monday there was some fish taken off the plant by a few boats. It might be starting, bait is finally starting to move in, it has been a crazy spring. the gobie population as Tom said did increase last year, but we are finding them in the stomachs of all of our game fish, salmon included. I know Jon's has some gobie spoon patterns that you might want to get your hands on. Don't feel bad you are not the only one that is having a slow spring, there are some pros that are not doing good either. It will get better, it has to. Get those riggers mounted, and get back out there. If you go down the river and notice the white/teal Thompson gone from the last marina at the bend, give me a shout on the radio, channel 68 SEADUCKTION. Welcome to the river. Good Luck. There is a lot of great guys out of our river, so the info will be here and also on glangler.com.

Rich