Cayuga next week

:lol: Hello: I am taking my father up to Cayuga next week and wanted to know if the Salmonoids have gone down a bit with the recent warm weather? I come up from central PA and will probably launch out of the south end of the lake and head up towards meyers point. Was up over memorial day and was catching some fish down about 20' on purple alewive spoons. Any other suggestions?

Thanx.

The Remedy

Put in at Meyers and go north, the south end will probably be a little on the warm side. Fish are in tight early and slowly move out as the sun comes up. Green seems to be the color of preference. I'll be out early Sat

and Sun. North of Meyers.

Splitshot115

Robert, Like Splitshot said go North, just got off the lake 06/11/08 launched at taughannock didnt hit alot of fish till we traveled North. I had a two, a three and a five year old with me so we didn't fish long. We did put 2 salmon and three lakers in the boat one laker was 8.5lbs and the last was ten pounds. My five year old daughter reeled the fish in on a 400 copper rig. One salmon hit at 60ft the other at 25.

I didnt actually fish this weekend, we just cruised around. I did talk to a realiable source that said the fishing has been really good North. Around Frontenac area. Lots of Browns and nice rainbows. He did really well Sunday a.m. I wasnt able to get any more info. If I talk to him again I will let you know.

Sorry for the late post, no tube at lake. The bite was real good early

but I only caught the tale end of it. Didn't fish sunday, had to leave early.

Splitshot115

hello Splitshot: Left your number in the truck, needed it on the lake, but whatever. My father and I caught a couple 8-10 lakers, but only shaker salmon and no bows or browns. What is up with that?

Thanx. The Remedy

Very tough right now. Transition time. I did 3 salmon this morning but all small. You need to target them about 15 to 20 ft down. Right now the fish are every where. I marked them from 40 to 300 fow.

Cheaters took all my salmon this morning. Lakers were down about 70 ft.

Oh yea the bite is a quick one. Pretty much shut down by 6:30. Then a slow pick till 10:00 when i quit.

RR