Well I didnt get skunked but I didnt set the world on fire. Set up in 90ft heading for the flats with good tight bait balls every 5 min or less so i knew the feeders were on the bait.got 1 18lb king about 0630 on a east troll purple glow 3mph 40 down over 95 ft.had the lead fire and start ripping like no tomorrow 8.5 colors out ,knot at the water,before i got the king on the stringer with a nice steelie. Tried radio calling for any LOU members and radio check to share my spot i had to myself but no radio check or reply,so i had to stay on em alone.got several more steelies and even scraped a laker off bottom on a west ruturn trip in 80 ft.great marks all over there(The flats).Ran west 12miles for my buffy run at 10am ,found great color and temp at 120 ft water ,had a steelie hit a purple slider before getting 2nd rod down several more steelies on my return troll .Im shure if a hung out at the flats for the day i would of had all the fish i wanted but as you know the water is greener west of the oak ,or is it?P.S. all the steelies from the west end were skinny as a rail and no bait marked.

Guess it ended up being a decent fish at 6:30am when you woke me :x :lol: Glad to hear you got some fish you deserved it after the past couple of weeks for you! Missed your call yesterday you probably wanted me on the phone to help "dial" in another king :lol::lol::lol:

Yeah Tom, he sent me a phone pic of the king on my cell first thing in the morning. He didn't answer my phone call when I called him back. I think it was one he keeps in the freezer for pictures. :)

Ray,

I heeded your advice and was out there as well, first time out for kings unguided and brought the G.F. went 1-2 losing the first one at the boat on steelie dan, caught 17lber on kevorkian 160fow 70 down. The G.F. is hooked as she caught the fish and looking to be spending alot of time in that neck of the woods. We came in around 3:30 and saw your van, would have looked you up if had known, no VHF.