Boat insurance without recent survey

Hey guys, trying to insure my new boat from last fall. Running into everyone needing a survey to write a policy. I think lately due to her age. Anyone have a carrier that they coverage thru without a survey on a bigger boat? My ride is an 81 tiara 3100 open. I've been through the boat as have several mechanics and a body guy. Not so worried about the survey results, just trying to save 500 bucks

I don't know but feel your pain.  I had my new boat surveyed last January - it surveyed in above average condition (the surveyor was completely anal) and he told me it may have been worthy of an upgrade even beyond that, but there were a few minor findings.  GFCIs weren't operable, new fuel lines needed as the ones on the boat were original, wingnuts not permitted on batteries, and ground tackle was missing.  Based on that I was able to get a policy once I showed and provided photographic evidence that I had fixed the issues.  Both BoatUS and CharterLakes wanted a full C&V survey completed prior to initiating coverage.  My guess is that's what you are going to run into unfortunately... 

I'm with rdebadts. I just gave my company the info and not a problem. I already had insurance on my previous boat and just replaced it with the new one. Don't know if that made a difference or not.