Tracking downrigger balls on the finder

Hey everyone,

I'm struggling to see my downriggers below 100 feet on my new fishfinder.  Recently upgraded to the HDS 7 G2 touch and was able to track them find on my old HDS 7.  Transducer has not changed but I'm sure that I'm missing something with the sensitivity or frequency.  Currently using "Slow Trolling" mode and have the transducer running at 200 KHZ.

**Update** After reading more it seems I should be using the 83KHZ setting for deeper water.  I'm using 16lb sharks so cone angle and blowback shouldn't be an issue.  

Edited by alex1young

3 Things:

CMBO points out 83 kHz should help, as it uses a wider cone angle and can "see" further out.

Second point, angle of your transducer also helps, some guys will point it one notch to the back of the boat.  Note that this will through off the bottom depth reading as you are no longer measuring straight up and down, but on a slight diagonal.

Third point, have you increased your sensitivity. I had to do this on my new HDS 7 touch. I thought the thing was broken until I pushed it up and just like that I could see everything.