Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FishLips130

Powder paint on spoons

Does anybody else use powder paint to make spoons? I'm curious of your setups and your production techniques . The heat gun and single spoon at a time is time consuming.

I have not had time to try it, but i acquired a toaster oven for my backing.

We used to. It is tough having to heat each spoon, one at a time with a heat gun. We then used a powder paint airbrush, the paint holds up great after baking, but it is time consuming.

Now we just use acrylic paint and still bake to cure. Then we use a spray clear coat over top. The powder paint is definitely more durable, but the acrylic is much easier to use and paint cleaner lines/patterns etc.

How are the acrylic glows? Do they hold up? I'm not mass producing so I'm not really worried about them lasting a life time, but at the same time.... If it takes me 20-30 minutes to perfect a spoon... It better last me a season

I can tell you it's an art and I'm no artist. It does take time but the finish is thick and should last very well

I got a microwave/ convection oven at a yard sale. The microwave part took a dump so I got the unit for $15.00 you can fit 20+ spoons in there. We then bake the airbrush spoons after they dry also. Some we powder coat, then add the finishing touches to the spoon, clear coat is a must if you want them to last. I'm far from a artist but my daughter is amazing with a airbrush!! So I do the powdering and she does the fine tuning. LOL