7 color / 10 color

What are these lures. And wth is a chicken wing? [emoji15]

I've been out of touch with the lake Ontario fishing for 12 years, I grew up fishing the lake with my dad and worked on all his buddies charter boats for 20 years. Somebody fill me in! When I stopped fishing the lake after my father passed, the popular lures were big day flashers with cut bait, dodger squid, NK's and j plugs.. any help (pics) would be appreciated. Thanks gentleman

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

7 color 10 color are not lures.when you read this it is talking about lead core line. lead core changes to a different color every 30 feet.each section of color sinks at a rate of roughly 5 feet while trolled.so a 7 color is running roughly at 35 feet.chicken wing is a gold, black and orange spoon 

Hehehe.  10 color refers to using 10 colors of leadcore weighted line to get your bait down about 40'.  7 colors about 28' down.  They do not refer to colors of lures.  Our evolved fishing lingo is like a second language.  Chicken wing is a black and orange pattern usually on a gold blank spoon.  You are at the right place to ask questions.  Oops I see someone beat me to it. :lol:

Edited by Gill-T

• 3 months later...