Thinking about a lowrance X96 fishfinder

I've been looking at buying a new fishfinder and am thinking about a Lowrance X96. Does anyone have any good or bad reviews about this unit?

I don't have the money to spend on a color unit or else I would get one and I diffinitely don't have the money to spend on a color/gps unit or else I would be getting one.

I know that your looking at the X96 but thought I'd throw this at you.

I have this Garmin 250DF for sale, ...$150.00, OBO. Comes with speed & temp.

Just upgraded my FF & GPS and haven't made a post in the classifieds to sell the units yet.

Screen shot isn't vary good but good enough to see what it looks like.

The 4 streaks across the screen are the downrigger balls. The 2 lower ones are the inboard balls straight down from the transducer, hence stronger (thicker) signal.

aV1hAOqr.jpg

Yes, it is a dual freq. 50/200kHz (12/45 deg) transducer. The image above is in the dual mode. It's the only unit that I know of that will display both modes on one screen. Not split screen like most others. As you can see you get the best of both worlds. wide angle to show more of what is under you and sharp clear bottom depth returns.

Here is a link to Garmin's info on it. https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=168&pID=245

Yes Mark, they are vary good units for the money. I also have the GPS Map 162 for sale. Had it tied into the 250 and they hand shake nicely. ;)

The only reason I'm selling them is because I had to spend some money this spring to get over cabin fever and upgraded to the Furuno 620 and the Garmin GPS Map 530 Chartplotter. So no need to keep the others around anymore. Just took some picture of the units for sale last night and will be posting them in the classifieds this week.