lowrance 5x DSI and 4x

eviltroll

I currently use a a lowrance 5x-DSI which i know is a bit older but fish finder come out as fast as cell phones. orginally i never thought I was going to be mainly fishing lake o and deeper lake erie. The problem im having is the fish finders no longer pick up bait balls or nearly anything. On top of that it will give crazy depths after awhile actually they both do not always at the same time. If anyone has any advice on this issue and if anyone has anyone has any advice on settings. I have watched videos and read aboit changing settings around. I atleast use to track my downriggers and those dont even occasionally show.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

If they were running OK previously (e.g. together) and the sensitivity has been adjusted properly  and they each are on different frequencies my hunch would be that the transducers are either worn out or have been damaged( doesn't take much of a shock to them for example bumping hard while coming on a trailer, stones from the road etc.).

Edited by Sk8man

Thank you I will look them over it have checked them previously to see if there was an issue but didn't see any visible damage. Also left the other other one off. I hate to say it but if it came to replacing them I'd just buy a fish hawk and use them the way they are.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Lake Ontario United mobile app