Coolers

I don't know where some of these guys fish out of that a bag of ice is so hard to find?, we all need water and most of us know a few days beforehand when we're leaving, so what we have been doing for years now is freezing a case of water. We put the bottles individually in the freezer then when we are packing our coolers for camp we line the bottoms of our cooler with the frozen water bottles, foods and stick a few frozen waters in the mix of things to help out a little. This same ordeal was the way we packed for Canada a 18-1/2 hrs ride, 118 miles on dirt roads 50/60mph while the rest of the gear, motors metal gas cans tackle boxes, my family has been do this 30-40 years ago. Yes they had propane operated refridguaters and gas lights, we got dropped of buy a float plane and we were there for 7 day, Colmam has been around and Igloo for many years. If you need a 4-5 hundred $ cooler then have at it. Coleman coolers never let me down and never will. These coolers have more years experience then all those high end coolers have put together. A commercial that had Jim Shokey's in, a cooler falls off a his truck and tumbles down a mountain and he picks it up at the bottom and it's perfect because it's a Yeti!! But if Jim went up the mountain with a Coleman cooler and tied it down it would of been a little more smart of Jim, but that would be a boring commercial, wouldn't it. This is a Ford-Chevy debate, that will never end, buy what fits your wallet and be proud of what you bought.

Edited by pap

I don't know where some of these guys fish out of that a bag of ice is so hard to find?, we all need water and most of us know a few days beforehand when we're leaving, so what we have been doing for years now is freezing a case of water. We put the bottles individually in the freezer then when we are packing our coolers for camp we line the bottoms of our cooler with the frozen water bottles, foods and stick a few frozen waters in the mix of things to help out a little. This same ordeal was the way we packed for Canada a 18-1/2 hrs ride, 118 miles on dirt roads 50/60mph while the rest of the gear, motors metal gas cans tackle boxes, my family has been do this 30-40 years ago. Yes they had propane operated refridguaters and gas lights, we got dropped of buy a float plane and we were there for 7 day, Colmam has been around and Igloo for many years. If you need a 4-5 hundred $ cooler then have at it. Coleman coolers never let me down and never will. These coolers have more years experience then all those high end coolers have put together. A commercial that had Jim Shokey's in, a cooler falls off a his truck and tumbles down a mountain and he picks it up at the bottom and it's perfect because it's a Yeti!! But if Jim went up the mountain with a Coleman cooler and tied it down it would of been a little more smart of Jim, but that would be a boring commercial, wouldn't it. This is a Ford-Chevy debate, that will never end, buy what fits your wallet and be proud of what you bought.

If I fished once a year or less like you PAP, I wouldn't have a need for a quality cooler either. The use cases and clear explanations of many have provided folks with well informed intel on where your standard cooler falls short... way short. For some it's good enough. For others they don't fish enough to justify the purchase. That's fine and everyone gets that. Not everyone's situation is the same. One thing is for sure... it's far from a Ford-Chevy debate. It's no comparison.

If I fished once a year or less like you PAP, I wouldn't have a need for a quality cooler either. The use cases and clear explanations of many have provided folks with well informed intel on where your standard cooler falls short... way short. For some it's good enough. For others they don't fish enough to justify the purchase. That's fine and everyone gets that. Not everyone's situation is the same. One thing is for sure... it's far from a Ford-Chevy debate. It's no comparison.

Your funny, in this day and age now we need a cooler that's as good as refrigerator, what the hell does it matter how deep a man fishes, a lake trout will decay at the same rate as blue gill or did they change since I graduated in 1982?. Whatever you think Fleet, you have the best of the best that we all know!!

Edited by pap

Whatever goes into my cooler is usually frozen, this includes the majority of drinks etc. nothing goes in room temperature if anything the food product had at least been refrigerated etc. I can't stand it when someone buys ice then dumps in cans of room temperature drinks etc.

Edited by Adk1

Lake trout... blue gill... this another wild story of yours that has 0% to do with the conversation again? Have no idea what you're talking about PAP.[/quote

Yea that was my bad, I thought it read "some don't fish deep enough, but it reads some don't fish enough. I'm sorry for that, and yea that's another wild PAP story!!! Carry on men. Don't forget your Yeti Fleet, .

Whatever goes into my cooler is usually frozen, this includes the majority of drinks etc. nothing goes in room temperature if anything the food product had at least been refrigerated etc. I can't stand it when someone buys ice then dumps in cans of room temperature drinks etc.

Agree. That's just wrong.