1st night walleye attempt. Cover water or sit still ? Honeyoye lake

moonfish

It will be a new moon and was wondering if it would be best to sit still and use a lure that makes noise/vibration or to troll ? Problem is when walleye come shallow at night would my boat or trolling motor scare them off ? I know trolling is successful at night based on what I have seen. So what am I not understanding ? Going on honeyoye Monday night after labor day boaters settle down. You think heavy daytime boat pressure will increase night time feeding ?

Don't worry about boat noise. I troll on my big motor all the time when it's flat. Use planer boards with stick baits. Try shallow running baits in tight

Capt. Michael Weaver. Pure Fishing Ambassador

Ditto all that and if if doesn't work go deeper...now is not the time for casting... imo they will be deeper than that... soon... daytime pressure is a factor but it's a small one...I've done better in the morning all season, but last year the nite bite was phenomenal... Holiday weekend plenty of boats all weekend and we did 5 today from 8 to 11 am...fished Saturday night from 10pm to 2am and had half the action...if you are fishing less than 10fow casting boat noise is a huge factor