Sat AM 7/12, Braddocks to Wautoma

Saturday morning, I took out my Dad and two of his buddies (none registered in the LOC derby) and we had a fantastic trip.

I caught a 12+ lb. Steelie, Dad got a 16+ lb. Laker, and Bruce got a nice teen King.

The Steelie and the Laker would have made the leaderboard for sure...

Of course, Friday afternoon my wife (who is registered) and I went out and boated one small Steelie... figures.

We caught all these pictured fish in 160 to 190 FOW on the wire 205 ft back with the green glow e-chip and Skein machine A-TOM-MIK fly.

We went 9 for 11 overall, with most of the fish on flasher/flys, and a couple on spoons (NK28 O's alewife, NK Mag green glow, black silver hologram)

WHAT A MORNING!

JAM

100_3556.jpg

100_3560.jpg

100_3563.jpg

Nice catch jammer.... I was out there for a few hours in the morning.

Had one knock off but couldn't get 'em goin'... not sure what the problem was.. runnin' riggers down 70 -90.. NBK's Glow Frogs and the like...

Temp ran in the 55 - 57 range... Wire back 165 on #3... HELP ME !!!

Frank,

Most of our action was on the dipsies, setting 2.5 with 205 feet out. I started at 180 out and nothing fired till I went deeper.

Try changing to 2.5 setting and going out 200+.

My couple of low rigger hits were 85 down, with a down temp of 41-43, out over 180 FOW.

I think there were a few smaller steelies up higher, but our good fish all came at the low end of the usual temp zone.

JAM