Downrigger balls? Diy?

I'm new to riggers on my boat and was gonna get a mold for fish shaped weights. What I was wondering is if anybody has used or made weights with rattles in them? They would probably not be good but maybe....I was thinking a rattling weight with glow paint pulling a big flasher and meat rig might piss of a mature enough....has anybody tried glow paint on a weight. I was thinking of making up a bunch in random colors to try out. Should get lots of streakers for sure.....but will they streak at or away from them is the question......maybe this season just has me bummed....If you throw everything you got at em and come up short...you gotta get more stuff to throw at em or give up. Next year I'm rattling my way around with electric glow weights. Lol

I was always under the thought that you really didn't want the rigger weight to be as noticeable as your rig, I've had many false releases. Only to find out my flasher, dodger took the hit?

I was looking around and seen these http://www.ontariofishing.net/productshowcase/ridgebackrattler.html they have rattles so if I got a mold I could put ball bearings in copper pipe inside or ??? But would that be worth trying? Would it rattle? I'm getting the mold so I can try different colors anyway but might try making some rattlers of some sort.