LOU on the VHF

This weekend on the water near Rochester I heard someone hailing on the VHF looking for fellow LOU members for a fishing report. Very quickly someone responded and provided depth, speed and temp info.

As a guy who listens, but rarely uses my VHF, it was reassuring to know that not only are people loyal to this website when on their computers dreaming of fishing but also when out on on their boats.

Every day I sit at work, trudging through the day, I constantly check this site. As I read the well wishes to a Captain who lost his father, advice on companies not to deal with, the musings of Ray K., up to the minute fishing reports, and endless tips, it just makes me marvel at what a great tool this site really is.

Thanks to those who run it and all who contribute. I couldn't place 5 faces with 5 names on this board....but salmon chasing/fishing wouldn't be 1/2 as fun without it!

Just fishin -

I fish out of I-Bay as well. I'm docked at Mayer's - you can't miss me I'm the only yellow Trophy hardtop in the bay (quite possibly the only yellow Trophy on the lake....). Stop by anytime if you see us.

We're usually on Channel 8 on the VHF. I hear ya - this is a great site with a great family of fishermen/women. As an example, when I first started fishing out of the Bay, I met Bruce Bolger earlier this year and instantly he gave me pointers. It's testament to what a great site this is and what great people you can meet along the way.

- Chris

Hi Chris, I have commented on your boat several times...real nice looking boat. I have a Wellcraft Coastal 21 out of Mayers as well. Blue Bimini with Atlantic Towers arch. If I see you I will look you up.

Sounds fantastic - glad to hear of another fellow fisherman out of Mayer's!

Stop by anytime if you need anything. We'll see you on the water... and thanks again for the compliments on the boat (my wife picked the color)

- Chris

I'll second that.thank you members of LOU,you guys helped me start from scratch.At least now I have some of the basics and the right gear.Now if you guys could put the right lure on for me,I'd be all set.thanks guys.

Hope to get to meet a bunch of you guys this weekend.Lucky to have found an observer spot.I'm really looking forward to it.

Hopefully,next year I'll be fishing against you.Good luck to all in the pro-am