Guide series rods / with rant!

Fishstix

Im currently looking for a couple rods . I just purchased a couple Tekota 500lc reels. Ive been to Gander Mtn and Bass pro.Walked out of both places rodless.Rods will a dual purpose. Spring planer board and heavy summer deep trolling.17 to 30 lb test line. I like cork. I like a long grip between the reel and rod,so you have something to get ahold of. I hate those little plastic inserts they put in the guides ,they fall out eventually.I hate the reel seats you have to keep tighting up. I hate trying to figure out the model numbers of rods on lists on the computer,you can never get the numbers to match up.Enough of the rant. The guide series rods seem to be as good a looking rod as any of em. They are a whole lot cheaper. Anyone running them?

Its to late this year but next year Ill probably have to add rod building to my portfolio.

jst checked bass pro for a rod that heavy (strong) it looks like your into muskie rods 17-40 lb cpcm80h shimano 109.99, ugly stik has sps11862mh 10-25....59.95, i have a ugly stik fly rod i bought at a rummage sale 15 years ago ive had that thing bent over 1000,s of times on the salmon river its pretty much bullet prufe ... the ugly above is a spinner but they dont make a short downrigger that heavy,bwd1101 8'3" 6-20 LW 50 BUCKS,bwd1101 ...7' 12-20 wt 48bucks last year i bought 8 matching 8.5 ft rods and im starting to miss my 7' rods probly will use longer rods for finger lakes and short for salmon .. live and learn or not

This thread gets me thinking about Cabela's series rods as well. I have to pick up two Diawa Sealine 47LC combos which average from $110 to $130 bucks. Althought this shouldn't determine the purchase, I have a $25 off card for Cabelas and was looking at the Diawa 47LC paired up with one of their downrigger rods. The only thing is I like to handle the rod and see the action and butt diameter before I make a purchase. I looked at some other rods at Gander Mt but they seemed way too large and bulky for what I would use 95% of the time. I'm thinking that something in the 12-20lb test line and 8 1/2' is what I'm looking at. I ordered some lighter Diawa Diawa Firewolf rods and paired them up with Penn 9M's for trout trolling here in NJ. Now I just need to get two larger setup's for Lk Ontario salmon, but again I don't want something too large and bulky, cause I won't use it at any of the lakes I normally fish.

[email protected]

Got some custom rods from Jeff " Miss-em" . The Fish Doctor rods have great reel seats that won't loosen up and I got the grips bigger to go with my Big and old hands :D I am very happy with them. Well worth the money.