Took some friends out from NC this AM as I did last year and had an 8 of 10 day.

We fished from 5:30ish to noon. Started inside at 80ft and and marked some fish and bait. Got a small brownie right off the bat about 3# on the rigger. Moved in and out of the 80-110ft range and did a double steelie but only landed the one (7-8lbs) the other spit it back in our faces :evil: .

Got the wire to fire but it was a dink and then the rigger flew this time it was a beauty :shock: :D:D had the youngster that had to land a Laker on the wire last year (don't know why that happened!) take the rod and she did great getting a king about 22-23lbs :!:

Trolled out to 170ft and finally had a nice king rip the wire again (green spinny with a green Siggs fly out 180' on 1.5 setting) another nice king of about 16-17lbs.

Only downer for the day was we had the wire just get hammered and we pulled it from the holder only to have the wire bust off in front of the dipsey and lost it all :x :x :x :x ;(;(;( but did watch the fish jump a bunch of times and just scoot across the water a bunch of times too with all my gear hanging from his face like 20 to 30 seconds later (anybody finds it out there let me know :roll: )

Managed a few more dinks 4 total for the day :roll:

Lake and weather started out a little bumpy but it calmed down nicely and except for a couple of rain showers it was a great day

42 second spoon and NBK Stingers took the fish along with this pink spoon that I have caught a few steelies with this year (I'll try to post a pic sometime) that the guy I fished with today had used back when he lived up here.

Right side rigger and wire seemed to be the ones that fired most of the day even with the left side set the same a lot of the time :? We also flat lined a stick bait back about 175 -200ft and when that was in the water we got fish on the other poles??? We actually took it out a few times and nothin so we would put it back in and fish on!

Temp. was 43 - 45 down in the 65 - 70ft range. Riggers were anywhere from 55-75ft most of the day.

Pics will be posted on the pic page soon.

yea tom what a nice report,good for you to get into the fish .Man i cant wait to get back out west to catch along with the fishing program.sunday for the pro am we knew there was no way to come back so instead of killing some small browns we opted to go for kings or go for broke and we did both got a nice 23lbr and close to 10 lbr steelie lost at the net and a nice rip on the wire.You would of been proud of Musky for the way he brought in the steelie ,I was ,we had a little netting issue but 1 more fish would of done us no good for score and we saw it up close and it lives to see another day.so a win,win for us and the fish....

Brian :evil:

Thanks Ray, sorry to hear about the Pro Am fishing but at least it wasn't just you guys. That would suck not knowing what was wrong. It was nice to get into some nice kings for a change with all the small guys this year. I let them take all the rods, so next time I'm on them :D:D

Got to order some more Seagur Floro, used mine all up last night tying up new lines. (anybody know if there is a place around Roch-Cha Cha?)

Fleas were not bad at all today didn't have to clean any off until the last pulling of the last rod :D:D