Fish hawk x4 transducer location

Fish hawk x4 transducer location

Hey guys. Real quick question. I need to mount my x4 transducer and move my Garmin transducer down. There's an old set of holes in the transom I could use to move the Garmin to.  My question is do you think the x4 transducer will be ok where the Garmin xducer currently is?  The only reason I'm moving it is because I loose track when on plane. The x4 xducer will only be used when trolling so the height shouldn't have any impact. I'd love to move the x4 to the other side of the motor but I really don't want to drill anymore holes. 

Note: in the pic the x4 would be placed where the Garmin currently is and the Garmin to the set of holes to the lower left. 

Thanks,

Jim

20170509_131423.jpg

If you are considering better feedback at faster speeds, may I suggest switching to a thru hull transducer... I personally have a B60 airmar unit. It doesn't skip a beat. They make this unit for almost all finders, and will spec out which cable you need it for. I can read bottom in over 500 fow at 30 plus mph.

Making your stories, Reel Stories, since 2011!!

Hey Nick.  I was thinking about a thru-hull but some people suggested it wouldnt be the best option since its an aluminum boat.  I will contact Airmar and if they feel it will be a suitable option I will consider it.  In the meantime, I moved it down and I actually put the fish hawk transducer on the other side of the boat.  One nice thing about that starcraft fismaster is there is absolutely no wood in it whatsoever.  

Thanks Guys....

Jim

My appologies, but I think you could get away with one still as long as it wasn't a metallic unit, the plastic ones may still work?

Unsure. Haven't had an aluminum boat ssince my 12 footer that started all of this. [emoji569] [emoji570]

Making your stories, Reel Stories, since 2011!!