oneida sunday

i only fished for a couple hours from 1pm until 3 or 330. i do not recommend that time of day for walleye. however my wife and i managed 5 walleyes trolling worm harnesses. i found a pile of rocks in 25FOW. the pile goes all the way up to 12FT with 22 to 27FOW all around it. the walleyes came around the 17 to 15 FT areas and when we trolled right over the top of it we got a few HUGE perch and a lot of smallmouth. the walleyes were small, 15 to 17 inches. i was planning a trip to oswego wednesday but the report says 3 to 5FT waves. no thanks. so unless that report changes, i'll be back on oneida wednesday if anyone wants to call me on 16.

went out again wednesday. fished that same spot early and didn't catch anything. caught 2 in the weeds between 6am and 2pm. then caught another 7 between 2 and 4pm on my rockpile. go figure!! it must be an afternoon spot. every walleye i caught spit up perch minnows.

with the big O looking rough this weekend im going to hit the lil O sat and sunday and probably fish that tournament. Oneida will be rough too but not as far to find out anyway.