Oswego & Fair Haven Report - Aug 7th, AM

I just got off the phone with Andy Bliss from the Cold Steel boat and they had a great day fishing browns East of Oswego in 85-105 FOW. They were back at the dock by 9:30 with a 3 man limit. Riggers down near the bottom (88-100' down) pulling Stinger Mongoose, Frog, and Tuxedo spoons and divers out 210-240 on a #2.5 pulling the same spoons were the hot ticket. Andy said there were bait and hooks all over the place in the waters they were working.

I also talked with Jim Jared from Shade Tree a few minutes ago and he was headed in after spending his morning looking for Kings just a touch East of Fair Haven in 250-300FOW. He had a slower pick going but tied into a hot major that they dropped and they've boated a nice 14lb King. Definitely not as fast and furious as the inside brown waters, but still some fish to be had if you put in your time. Best items for Jim this morning were his NK Sea-Sick Waddler fished 90' down on his riggers and his diver pulling a Chrome Spinny/Glow Hammer out 300' on a #3 setting.

Sounded like it was getting pretty bumpy when I talked to Jim just now. He said the waves were starting to turn into OMG's so they were gonna call it a day earlier than they had planned.

Hope this helps!

After being frustrated the past few times out with minimal king action, this morning we went to the 26 bar off P'ville. Marked a bunch at 60' but couldn't get them to go. Think they were steelhead because 55 deg. started about 80' down. About 8:00 the stbd wire fired at 281' back yielding a frisky 19# king (mountain dew SD & hammer fly). 3 or 4 misfires on the riggers, and then the 75' rigger fires. Beauty of a 27# king took a NK mag blk/sil w/purp glo tape off a SWR.

Then the water kicked up big time about 11:00 and lightening bolts were on the way. While pulling lines, the port wire at 250' back went off with a mid sized fish which only came half way in (MDSD again/green tinsel fly). Maybe this is the start of something!