Walleye Info for Henderson Harbor?

Hey Everyone,

While I'm coming north to fish for Kings next week, my Dad and I hoping to get a couple days in looking for some big walleyes. We're running out of Henderson Harbor, and my Dad just got his trailer moved up there and really hasn't had much of a chance to recon/fish the area yet. Any advice for location, depth, presentation will be greatly appreciated!

L.J.

Hope this isn't too late for ya...Try the Calf Island Spit off the south end of the Calf Island. Several years back I had great results there at night between 9pm and 1am. There is a bouy out at the end on the far south tip of the shoal. I would motor out to it and watch the sounder for the drop off then let the wind(South to North) work me back north along the top of the shoal. No motor running and a big yellow bucktail dressed with a crawler jiged off the bottom worked for me and a buddy. The shoal is easy to stay on cause it drops off steeply on each side to over 80 feet. Wally's come up there for forage at night. The shoal is quite long maybe about a half mile and gives you a good long drift to find them. when your drift is done and you want to go back up to th bouy just go out over the deep water and motor back so as not to spook fish off the shallows.

Mark