First trip for 2017

This is by far the latest I have ever started on Lake O . Finally got out yesterday . Went out of Stoney at 5:30  with a newbie , retired army . Went straight out to 140 fow and set up . My go to cut bait rigs on riggers , FF on dipseys and a spoon down the chute on a 10 color core . First release on cut bait and landed a 10 lb oil can (LT) . Half hour later a 10 lb king was in the boat on meat . Broke one off at the release and had a rip on dipsey . Lots of charters working the finger . The whole Saiff fleet was out there  and I believe Moby Dick and Gene Bolton . Didn't see a lot of nets moving on the charters . Stayed in 140 to 160 fow  and marked a bunch of bait pods with marks all around them . Found 42 degree water at 90 feet . Riggers set at 75 and 90  Looks like it's going to be a good year . 

Thanks for the report i like that area to fish but can be a little tricky to fish at times with deep water so far away but there can be plenty of kings around if temps are right when they are staging .