Cayuga help??!!

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 5:23 PM, Lewis863 said:

It is a new setup actually prepping to put it on Lake Ontario next year... no riggers running four dipsys

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Make sure you have a means to measure down speed and temp. It's critical to run your presentations at the right temp and speed. Additionally you need to know where your divers are running on the setting you have them on. Something to think about also is that the wire diver has very different sound signature that can be appealing to feeding fish. Also you may want to take into account that there are days when riggers outfish divers and vice versa. As long as conditions permit I usually run 2 riggers (1 w/spoon + 1 w/flasher fly), 2 wire divers (usually both w/ FF) or 1 wire diver (FF) + braid slide diver (spoon) , and a junk line(core(spoon) and copper(FF)) off each side on the big boards or big inlines. Then I let the fish speak for themselves. Follow an S pattern across depths this will let you know where the bait/fish are and what speed they want it(outside lines in turn run faster/inside lines in turn run slower). Tight lines- remember it's the journey that counts!