Orleans County Winners, Olcott

Olcott last weekend was good.Their was a fair amount of Majors stacking in 70 to 120 fow. We caught two fish that would have won the Orleans county Derby. We missed the weigh in time Saturday night with a 29.08 lbs. male but went and caught his bigger brother ( The Winner) 30.08 lbs. male Sunday morning in the exact same spot but on a A-Tom-Mik Crazy B$#%h.

Both fish seen together in the picture by the leader board with the 29.08 on the left and the 30.08 to the right.

We took five majors that morning mainly on Spin doc's with A-Tom-Mik Crazy B#$^h flies and Siggs Green Hyp. Mupped green spoons 7 to 8 ft. above the Spin doc's did well also.

Wire dipsey's out 120 ft. in the mornings and early evenings did great at times. Went for a long weekend and finished with 18 majors and several dropped in the close water.

Fished also at the 28 line N. for steelies and immature Salmon but managed to pull two Majors out there as well. Lots of Steelies with purple stingers down 20 to 55 doing most of the work and green spoons for the Salmon 55 down in 430 to 500 fow.

This is a great fishery but I hope I am not the only guy noticing the worst lamprey problem I have ever seen! Sixty percent of the majors had lampreys on them ( that we disposed of) others had marks. Very few clean fish. Just thought I would share the info.

100_0752.jpg

100_0745.jpg

100_0734.jpg

100_0715.jpg

100_0727.jpg

100_0740.jpg