Fished Olcott the 19th thru the 24th am- First time salmon fishing out of my own boat and only salmon fished one other time and it is a blast, the weather was great and the laughs were pletiful.

Wednesday Am- Fished in front 60-120 FOW took two rips but no fish, headed to 470’s, boxed 4 steelies biggest around 7 pounds a couple on wire couple on riggers mostly spoons one came on a spinny and fly carmel dolphin SS super slim took can’t remember the others, took a nice brown on 450 copper with a black NK 28 white back black front with purple tape. PM trip, jumped on my buddies boat for the evening trip since we had two boats up with only 2 guys on each boat, daytime buddy went home he’s local. Fished out in front 65-78 FOW near the red barn, took a 23 pounder on a mountain dew spinny/green crinkle a tom mik parked at 47 down on the rigger 20 back from the ball, fished peeled over 250, 30 minutes later we hit a 15 pounder on a bloody nose moonshine 86 back on wire on a 2 setting that fish ripped about 160, that same spoon took a nice rip but didn’t buckle up, caught them both in opposite directions.

Thursday- Took a few steelies biggest around 6 pounds, Pm bite, couple rips no hookups, had a couple shakers throughout the day.

Friday Am, started a in 42 ft of water worked the inside the whole morning trip, 20 minutes into it as the sun just came up the wire fired 77 back on a 2 setting white crush glow with a atomic mirage fly took a 17 pounder. During the day we let go a couple small ones around 20 inches, one on gold stinger 42nd and lemon ice mag stinger. PM trip. Fished the same spot as the evening before, took a low teens fish on the rigger 35 back from the ball R&R deep cup white glow back, one other rip and a couple releases but no hookups.

Saturday- AM, one steelie on lead core 10 colors knot to the water, 42nd 8 inch pro troll Michigan stinger with 42nd A tom mik fly fish was 6-7 pounds.

PM- lost a 10 pounder just shy of the net in 74 FOW on a DW Mag glow bloody nose off wire 86 back, 20 minutes later had a sick rip that cleaned my spoon off, the marks and bait where awesome figured it would be a great spot to start the next day.

Sunday AM--last day of the trip and I was determined to get my brother and best friend a nice king so we headed to the same spot as Saturday evening in 55-78 FOW about 1 mile west of the barn where we left off the night before the bait was thicker and the marks were from 30 all the way to the bottom and very consistent, lake was flat as can be around 8 or so we popped a 5 pounder on the rigger tossed him back he was green still and released really well. Late morning in the 9:00 hour in 74 FOW the rigger fires 42 down emerald shiner chrome series spinny with either a pro/am or big fin A tom mik, 8 back from the ball, fished ripped off 350 ft of line, fish was a monster and weighed 28 ½ . Got all set back up again 20 minutes later same spot the wire fires hard 86 back with a hammer time spinny with hammer fly, fished took off hard and had us clearing lines once again as it came up to the surface quick and bee lined toward shore, 20 minutes later after the craziest battle I’ve ever seen we landed it, the fish went 27 pounds, with two big ones in the box we broke down the rods and headed back to Cleveland happy.

All 3 majors and all 3 teens came at 3.2 GPS on top when on my friends boat 3.2 on top meant 2.7 at the ball so we stuck with that with no speed and temp on my boat and it worked, the fly leaders where either 25 or 26 inches on all the fish that hit spinny/fly combo’s

It was a great first trip and I can’t wait to do it again I might be able to make it back up for one last trip in early September.

Thanks for the help on the questions I’ve posted a lot of good knowledge that paid off.

I am sure you were into the same fish we were charting Friday night. With the NE blow friday rolling cold water in, I figured the fish would move towards the niagara plume. We trolled out of Olcott Friday night late, and did not hit marks until almost to Wilson. Off Wilson the graph lit up with bait and hooks, but the NE winds put a damper on the bite. We tried trolling in the dark but could not move a rod. I always wanted to try night trolling. It is eerie! Thank god for GPS.