Anyone else taking advantage

stoneam2006

Anyone else taking advantage of the warmer weather today and tomorrow? Installed 2 of 3 36in tracks toady 3rd will have to wait till uncovered (transom track). Tomorrow hoping to bang out the new stereo raise my captains chair and few other little add ons. Closing on us fast need more days like today.

I'd post some pics but tapatalk will not allow me says upload failed....dang

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Rewiring insulating main battery switch wiring installing switches for new downriggers rewiring rear electrical panel...installing new gear lube reservoir and sensor and if time permits new impeller for water pump on engine....

so yeah getting started...still cold had to remove 50 pounds of ice and snow off cover 

• Like 1

Rewiring insulating main battery switch wiring installing switches for new downriggers rewiring rear electrical panel...installing new gear lube reservoir and sensor and if time permits new impeller for water pump on engine....

so yeah getting started...still cold had to remove 50 pounds of ice and snow off cover 
Yea I'm lucky in the snow aspect the hill gets windy and most has blown off and I try to keep it brushed off too so pretty much bare....the shrink wrap had it about 65 inside was nice to work in a t-shirt. Good luck sounds like a busy weekend instore

Yea I was at the show in Brewerton, and met a guy out towards Otisco they must have 15”+ just a snow shovel path to the garage and 10 to 15 foot drifts along the road ways!!! I was stunned!!  :o

• Like 1

Yea I was at the show in Brewerton, and met a guy out towards Otisco they must have 15”+ just a snow shovel path to the garage and 10 to 15 foot drifts along the road ways!!! I was stunned!!  [emoji33]

Yea...we have a ton of snow (on the hill) the sleds were actually riding the snowmobile trail behind my house could hear them screaming across the fields. Won't last long tho we only have 10 or so with drifts 3 to 4 foot in the bad spots. Town is way less than that already.

Couldn't imagine up north been a l9ng winter all over

i completely rebuilt my 9.9 kicker over the past 2 weeks. Instead of straight wiring I put a set of cannon plugs of an old mercruiser wiring harness so I can unplug the kicker and put it away without too much wiring trouble. Tomorrow I will lower my kicker bracket 5 inches in order to make that old 2 stroke less of a noise hazard and a swim platform I picked up over the winter will be attached to the transom in order to carry a 5 gallon fuel mix for the 2 stroke. So yes, Spring over here is not in the air,but it is in my mind.

Edited by rolmops
  • Like 1

Rolmops I had a older 82 15hp 2stroker on my swim platform, I only eber had a 3 gallon tank and i never ran out of fuel even in rough conditions. This year im switching to a 15hp 4stroke Merc. So i should have np with my 3 gallon can. This gives me all the room i need as the fuel cell fits snug between the swim ladder. I dont think I'm going to tie it into the main tank. Just food for thought[emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my LG-M327 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

25 minutes ago, pap said:

Rolmops I had a older 82 15hp 2stroker on my swim platform, I only eber had a 3 gallon tank and i never ran out of fuel even in rough conditions. This year im switching to a 15hp 4stroke Merc. So i should have np with my 3 gallon can. This gives me all the room i need as the fuel cell fits snug between the swim ladder. I dont think I'm going to tie it into the main tank. Just food for thoughtemoji106.pngemoji106.png

The reason why I have a 5 gallon tank for that 9.9 is because it is my backup in case the I/O causes trouble. I sometimes fish 15 miles north off shore , so I do need those 5 gallons to make it back in.

Edited by rolmops

I got lucky today. By sheer unexpected luck I picked up an OMC 15hp kicker bracket,the white one with a gas/oil piston. So the other bracket will come off and the "new" fancy one will take its place. That should be done by Tuesday. I can already see myself dragging the garden hose through the snow in order to test start the kicker. With the smell of 2 stroke in the air, Spring cannot be far away!

Edited by rolmops
  • Like 1

We are supposed to get light starting tomorrow evening till Thursday, somehow I can’t believe it will be “light” snow unless they mean in weight not in depth:lol:. They piped how big this last was going to be and we hardly got 4”. So now I’m more nervous because they’re calling for light snow. The blue snow line was completely covered our county plus. I’ll give you the forecast come Thursday. LOL. I was going to put up my canopy then put my cover over that but I learned the hard way a few years back when we got dumped on and smashed my canopy flat onto the floor. So now I just wait.:yes: :yes: hopefully next year I have a garage built, then I can work at it at my leisure. My uncle said I could put it in his garage but I feel like I have to get everything done ASAP. There’s nothing like sitting on your own toilet, if you follow my drift.:lol:

• Like 1

We are supposed to get light starting tomorrow evening till Thursday, somehow I can’t believe it will be “light” snow unless they mean in weight not in depth[emoji38]. They piped how big this last was going to be and we hardly got 4”. So now I’m more nervous because they’re calling for light snow. The blue snow line was completely covered our county plus. I’ll give you the forecast come Thursday. LOL. I was going to put up my canopy then put my cover over that but I learned the hard way a few years back when we got dumped on and smashed my canopy flat onto the floor. So now I just wait.:yes: :yes: hopefully next year I have a garage built, then I can work at it at my leisure. My uncle said I could put it in his garage but I feel like I have to get everything done ASAP. There’s nothing like sitting on your own toilet, if you follow my drift.[emoji38]
With the list I have to get done, I was happy to sit on somebody else's can !! Im so thankful to be able to start now Vs wait for this winter to end...

Sent from my XT1650 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

Totally with that last storm we got 5". I knew as soon as I want to put up my canopy it would give a lot. 2 years ago I did make the mistake and the snow pushed the canopy flat to the floor. What a time to find all the rods, as they were bent to shyt and ripped the front snaps right out of the canopy material. I had a local guy that retired from this occupation to just fix it. I couldn't convince him to make me a new one[emoji36][emoji36] This year I'm getting a new top from the guy Hank referred me to he's a mobile guy also. I dont know if I'll tow it down to hanks place or if he will do it in the campground?? Time will tell, after this one last snow,, I hope I can get stuff going on. Getting closer and closer to the 1st Saturday in May.[emoji106][emoji106][emoji33][emoji33] Take care!! Pap