Braddocks Brown question...

I'm guessing that the hump is accentuated because of the way the fish is being held. This is, I think, creating an illusion that the hump comes to a crease just anterior to the dorsal fin.

Gator

This was my thought as well. I think the bend in the spine is accentuating the hump. But, without another photo from a different angle - the world may never know...

Thanks for another shot of your fish and it makes me believe more-so that the fish was damaged...

No offense and I was'nt going to mention it but I would think an advocate of catch and release would try to not hold a fish by the gills??? I am sure you took care of the fish but it does'nt take much gill damage to kill them...

I practive very careful catch and release...When I fish on my boat I employ a no net law unless we are keeping fish but my boats small enough that I can reach over and grab'em and while in the tribs. I rarely even touch the fish I just landed...Grab the hemostat's and quick grip and twist and they splash me in the face on the way out...