trout fishing near seneca falls

Sorry, don't know much about shore fishing up there.

seem to remember hiking down to a railroad trellis back in the day, to get to some shallowish water that was the N end of cayuga, but it was not really kosher.

I also don't know about Cayuga Lake State park shore fishing... it is on the west side of Cayuga, and you'd have to drive past it to get to Taughannock Falls State Park.

Taughannock Falls State Park has several nice little shelters... it is a comfy place to plop a minnow or sawbelly in and wait. I caught a lot of fish there before I had a decent boat, and while studying in grad school. Unfort, I always did better there in the summer than now. You can reach some deep water by casting off the fishing shacks near the boat launch outlet, possibly 80 feet if you really launch it. 'Course, the lake goes much deeper. I liked the shacks facing south better, though.

People will probably be trying to use egg sacks this time of year, but I think I caught about 5 fish on sacks ever. For shore fishing, did best with sawbellies (may not be avail now), bass minnows, and skinny worms.

Good luck.