Adirondack rut report?

FishnChef

Any fellow Big Woods Hunters on here? I hunt the high peaks region  in the northeastern Adirondacks . Haven't been out much but I've done 3 full day still hunts and a couple morning and afternoon sits. Only hunted one day for muzzleloader and saw a doe that I decided to pass on regrettably. We still have a lot of leaves on the trees up here for some reason and not a very good acorn year and no beech  so I'm wondering if that's the reason why though I am seeing deer sign I have yet to encounter a fresh rub or scrape. After reading legacy's thread it would stand to reason that the deer are in rut mode up here if they are down south but I've yet to see any hard evidence pointing in that direction. I've seen more bear than deer in the woods this year. Thoughts anyone? Thinking I might need to find some new spots

I hunt tug hill area.... Buck sign seemed very late this year where we hunt. Later than any year I remember. Not sure why. Best wishes this season. Luck favors the persistent[emoji4][emoji256]

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Yeah the food equation is definitely tough this year but I'm in an area that consistently holds deer and I know there's lots of does around so it stands to reason bucks would be around too. I'm just puzzled by the fact that the bucks that I'm fairly certain are around are not making their usual scrubs scrapes and rubs on the logging trails where I find them year after year especially considering there's rut activity down south.