Cayuga Cayuga 2/23

With the low water level the home port, Dean's, was out so took a ride down to Taughannock.  Surprised to see the lake level down a few more feet since there in January with Chowder.

CAREFULLY launched the Wellcraft and props up until through the bridge as didn't need to rototill the bottom or the bubbler.

Going solo means keep the wind at my back so headed North on the West side.  Worked as shallow as I dared, never shallower than 40 for as didn't want the southeast wind to push the boat to shore.  Could not get anything in the upper 20 feet but didn't mark much either.  Moved out and zigzagged from 80-250.  Would mark concentrations of fish now and then and go long stretches with a blank screen.  Picked up some small salmon and lake trout on spoons at 40-60 foot depths.  Worked deeper and a really nice fish took a Bloody Death spoon 80 feet down.  Had him about 30 feet back before he spit it.... pretty sure a big angry lake trout.  Stayed warm during the battle which made it worth the price of admission. :smile:

First wet lines by 9:30, landed a 5 lb Laker on white flasher fly down 100 as wrapping up at 12:30 so a nice little trip despite the lack of consistent action.

Shout out to the crew coming in to dock behind me.  Rather than grumble about how long it takes for me to load out solo, one very limber fella jumped on my trailer and locked the boat on in a heartbeat.  Appreciate it. :beer:

• Like 1

With the low water level the home port, Dean's, was out so took a ride down to Taughannock.  Surprised to see the lake level down a few more feet since there in January with Chowder.
CAREFULLY launched the Wellcraft and props up until through the bridge as didn't need to rototill the bottom or the bubbler.
Going solo means keep the wind at my back so headed North on the West side.  Worked as shallow as I dared, never shallower than 40 for as didn't want the southeast wind to push the boat to shore.  Could not get anything in the upper 20 feet but didn't mark much either.  Moved out and zigzagged from 80-250.  Would mark concentrations of fish now and then and go long stretches with a blank screen.  Picked up some small salmon and lake trout on spoons at 40-60 foot depths.  Worked deeper and a really nice fish took a Bloody Death spoon 80 feet down.  Had him about 30 feet back before he spit it.... pretty sure a big angry lake trout.  Stayed warm during the battle which made it worth the price of admission. [emoji2]
First wet lines by 9:30, landed a 5 lb Laker on white flasher fly down 100 as wrapping up at 12:30 so a nice little trip despite the lack of consistent action.
Shout out to the crew coming in to dock behind me.  Rather than grumble about how long it takes for me to load out solo, one very limber fella jumped on my trailer and locked the boat on in a heartbeat.  Appreciate it. [emoji481]
Sounds like a good trip, and kudos to the help !