Leadcore Brand/Size Preference

I’ll be rigging a 5,7, and 10 color set up. I usually run 27lb of whatever brand is available. Haven’t really gave much thought of the brand or considered a different size. Would be interested to hear others preference on brand and size? Also, I’m usually trolling with spoons at 2.5 to 2.8mph. Based on your suggestion, what approximate depth would I achieve at those speeds? I know rule of thumb is 5ft per color at 2.0mph, but what would the depth be at higher speeds and/or different weight cores. Any folks with Fish TD May be able to provide some insight? Thanks in advance

One stop shopping at Blood Run Tackle. They have everything for all your trolling line needs. Mono, copper, leadcore, etc.  For me 27# Blood Run Micro Leadcore.
Heres a link to leadcore dive chart...
https://bloodruntackle.com/leadcore/

X2

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I love my stealth core 27lb 1000yd spool. Been a great product for us on Ontario and Erie.  Good sink rate a little over 5 ft per color at 2mph. 

On 3/31/2019 at 3:21 PM, A-Lure-A said:

I’ll be rigging a 5,7, and 10 color set up. I usually run 27lb of whatever brand is available. Haven’t really gave much thought of the brand or considered a different size. Would be interested to hear others preference on brand and size? Also, I’m usually trolling with spoons at 2.5 to 2.8mph. Based on your suggestion, what approximate depth would I achieve at those speeds? I know rule of thumb is 5ft per color at 2.0mph, but what would the depth be at higher speeds and/or different weight cores. Any folks with Fish TD May be able to provide some insight? Thanks in advance

At those speeds you are probably looking at closer to 4ft of depth per color. I use the 27# suffix performance leadcore with 30# KastKing braid backing. I picked up a 1000yd spool of the KastKing braid on ebay for $35, never had a problem with it.