Rod holders

Just picked up two Great Lakes Planer quad rod holders. I am thinking about drilling the bars to make the holders more secure. Anybody done this ? Any ideas ? I would be more confident if I knew the tree couldn’t spin and launch hundreds of dollars worth of equipment

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

IMG_0849.JPG

You can drill and tap rod holder portion and install allen screws with lock tight once you no angle of each rod holder lock them down . I did that with my big jon rod holders after almost losing a waited steel outfit to a king !

You can drill and tap rod holder portion and install allen screws with lock tight once you no angle of each rod holder lock them down . I did that with my big jon rod holders after almost losing a waited steel outfit to a king !

Thinking about the problem ( maybe it’s only in my mind. Lol). If I use a counter sink in the vertical tube where it sits in the mount , I could just put a dimple in the tube where I want it located. That should keep it from spinning , as long as the locking knob is kept tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app