Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ric66

Cayuga Place to park trailer

My family and friends are renting a cottage on Cayuga in August. Whenever I've rented cottages before I've been able to park the trailer at the cottage but won't be able to this time. I plan on launching the boat at Long Point State Park. Anyone know if it would be a problem to leave the trailer at the park for the week? I think Don's marina is just south of the cottage so that might be another alternative. Thanks.

I have seen trailers left at Long Point before. There is a lot of available parking there. I would say to call but I believe when you call long point state park the call is transferred to Fillmore state park.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I do this quite often each summer. Just talk to the gate worker and let them know your plans. There are always one or two boats or trailers stored there, especially on weekends. I can’t vouch for how secure it is, but I’ve yet to have a problem, knock on wood. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, guys. I figured that to be the case. I'll have  a Plan B just in case.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• Boat falls back on trailer

It seems every time I pull my 24' Wellcraft walk-around out of the water the crank slips a little leaving this space.  With the main and kicker motors weight on the back it creates significant teeter totter effect driving over little ridges or bumps.  Is the strap just getting stretched out or is it just a case of locking down the front with a second tie down of some sort? Appreciate everyone's thoughts.

in This Old Boat

• Trailer sway

I got a new truck to pull my boat. I'm getting more sway with F150 versus the Nissan Frontier. Once on that bad stretch of the I90 through the Catt Indian reservation it started so bad the anti sway (braking action of the f150) kicked in. Do trailers need alignment? Any suggestions? I don't have a scale to check tongue weight. Should I get some sort of a sway bar? Sometimes it's smooth as can be, for a long way, then all the sudden starts swaying. Is it the road,?   Sent from my moto z3 using

in This Old Boat

• 2005 seahawk tandem aluminum bunk trailer

Aluminum tandem with brakes on both axels( need to be serviced) target bunks, 4 good tires, spare tire, and guide-ons. 6000lb gvw. Currently has my seaswirl striper 2101 on it. Im replacing it with a roller trailer. New trailer will be here in 3-4 weeks. Asking $2000 OBO     Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app    

in Classifieds - Buy, Sell, Trade or Rent

• Boat Trailer

Boat Trailer, Rollers, 5000 LB Capacity, Tongue Damage, Yard Trailer Or Put New Tongue On, Had 24' Bay Liner On It. $450 Steve 518 355-4535

• RV Camping, Trailer parking, boat storage

RV Camping, Trailer parking, boat storage. Camping $15 per night with 30 amp electric. No water or facilities. It is near the Margaretta launch so if you don't have a self contained camper with a toilet there is an out house there. Boat storage inside and outside. Call 585-746-1552. Prime Time Storage.