Tutorial: How to Post Your Pictures

You want to share your photos with the community but are not sure how. No problem. This step by step tutorial will walk you through exactly how to post your own pictures on Lake Ontario United.

There are TWO ways to post pictures on LOU.

The First Way (and the easiest way)

Simply click on the "Start New Topic, Reply to this topic or Use Full Editor (quick reply)" option to bring up the full post editor. After that, click on the ATTACHMENTS option below the post body and upload your images.

The Second Way

Setting up PhotoBucket Account. We need to make our images available on the Internet. Having them on your personal computer is not good enough so what we are going to do is setup an account with PhotoBucket that will host our images ONLINE for us!

1.) Visit PhotoBucket.com and register for an account or sign in if you already have one.

2.) Under where it says "Chose an Image" you will see a "Browse" button. Click on the "Browse" button and select the picture on your computer that you would like to upload.

3.) Once the image from your computer has been selected, click "Open".

4.) Then simply press the "UPLOAD" button.

5.) Your image will upload to the website and you will receive a confirmation message saying "Your Images have Uploaded!"

Simple right? Ok, so now we have taken the images from your computer and put them on our Photobucket account. Now we want to share this image with members of the LOU community.

1.) Log into your photobucket account if you are not already.

2.) Scroll down to the bottom and you will see all the images you have uploaded. Click on the "IMG Code" text. This will AUTOMATICALLY copy the image code for you.

3.) Paste the image code into your message on the LOU Forum.

The code that you paste into your message will look similar to this (but longer):

[IMG] http://i167.photobucket.com/pike.jpg   [/IMG]
That's it! Nothing to it and its very convenient and beneficial to both parties. Plus, you can use your photobucket account to post images on virtually any other message board out there.

I hope this little tutorial helps and please private message me with any questions you might have.

Kind regards,

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys , great work on everything this site offers! One concern. The new photo feature opens the pics in a larger screen than a computer monitor(for me). Is anyone else having this issue? What can be done. The photobucket system enlarges the photos nicely to fit the full screen of the monitor?? Thanks, Tank

Haha - sorry about that Tank! The image posts in true resolution format and doesn't get re-sized cause it posts as an HTML Doc and not a picture format. Some people like this and some people don't, but I personally don't mind it. You can always right click on the image and select "View Image" and this will open the image itself in a new window and depending on your browser (IE, Firefox, ect.) will be resized appropriately. Let me know if that helps. Thanks again Tank!

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Blue Eye...i am not too good with these computers ...Ihave pictures on photobucket but i still don't know how to attach them to lou forums.Can i be on lou website and photobucket at the same time? hopelessly trying to figure it out.

Hey Choo-Choo,

If the whole photobucket thing is too complicated, then try our other (much simpler) method of posting picture. Above the text box that you type in to post a message you will see a link that says "Add image to post". Simply click that link and select your file. Once you select your image file select "Upload It" and then it will be posted to your message automatically. Give it a try and let me know if you still have troubles! Remember that bigger pictures will take longer to upload.

Thanks!

Chad

• 10 months later...

Sure thing Justin. The avatar options are located under the PROFILE link at the top of the website. Here is a direct link to the avatar section you are looking for:

ucp.php?i=profile&mode=avatar

Once there, you can upload any image you want for an avatar so long as it is small enough in size.

Hope this helps!

Chad

• 2 years later...