Winter brown trout fishing at Ginna powe plant.

Cabin fever got the best of me yesterday.Launched out of Bear creek yesterday.I trolled from the creek to Ginna(STAYNIG OUTSIDE THE MARKERS PLACED THERE SINCE 9-11.Water temp was 33.5 in 8ft. of water.I tried this in early March last year with good success! No temp change,as I approched the plant Icould see steam coming off the water.Gulls were diving in the current in front of the plant.Very frustating knowing the fish are there,but being unable to fish there.I Trolled Norh and South of the markers no temp change.I Lost sight of the one marker and went inside alittle.Temp went to 44.5.I realized I was too close.Still no fish. I did not want to tempt fate so I trolled bact to Bear.Still nice to be out.I CAN'T WAIT FOR SPRING!!!

Yeah those lousy terrorists :devil::@:no::punch::swear::swear::swear::swear::headbang::mooning: they screwed even that up on us! Back in the day I used to take the 14 footer down there in the winter with a friend when it was snowing so hard we couldn't see each other in the boat and hammer the browns up to 80 in a night :o:clap::yes:

• 2 weeks later...

There used to be 2 roads into the VA Hospital in Canandaigua, but since 911 they closed 1 of them. Now the road that 's open takes all the traffic. Kind of dumb if you ask me especially if you bought a house on quiet city street which is now busy with traffic all hours of the day. Who is going to target that place, and who patrols Ginna? How many damn terrorists or pirates are on Lake O anyway? In the winter time, if you want to fish out in boat and it's 9 degrees, I think you get a pass Chuck, at least if I was in charge.

I fish for trout in Canandaigua, but have caught smallies trolling with flasher/flies down 50'.

Lake O is the best. You were in great lakes angler with hammerhead Jim right?

That's how I knew your name was Chuck.

Troutman you correct. Jimmy Piano aka Hammerhead Tackle is my cousin. We took out Dave Mull editor of Great Lakes Angler. Great magazine. Jimmy was showing him his spoons and cowbells. My ugly mugg showed up in A issue. I want to try Canandigua this year! What vhf channel do you guys use? I run a 21ft.Blue Fin "my obsession" maybe I will see you out

there if spring ever comes.

Troutman you correct. Jimmy Piano aka Hammerhead Tackle is my cousin. We took out Dave Mull editor of Great Lakes Angler. Great magazine. Jimmy was showing him his spoons and cowbells. My ugly mugg showed up in A issue. I want to try Canandigua this year! What vhf channel do you guys use? I run a 21ft.Blue Fin "my obsession" maybe I will see you out

there if spring ever comes.

I grew up in Farmington and now I live in Tioga PA. Which is right over the border from Corning NY. I live in PA because the Taxes are cheaper but work in NY.

I grew up on Canandaigua Lake and love the bass fishing there. Two summers ago I caught the biggest smallmouth ever right off the water treatment plant on the North end. It was in about 20 feet of water with a live crawdad of all things. We had the kids with us on my fathers boat and we were pan fishing. The beast was 21 inches long and weighed 4.5 lbs.

I fish the South end a lot in summer for the LM Bass. They are fun too.

• 2 weeks later...