Braddocks 1/4/09

GAMBLER

Fished Braddocks today with Dad, brother, niece, nephew, and neighbor. Iced 4 pike (36", 31", 26", 21") and one perch that was 12-13" with 18 tip ups out. The 36" pike had a nasty fungus on its side like the browns have in the creeks in the fall. It looked like the fungus was on it's way out. The fish seemed really healthy other than the fungus. The ice was 3 -4" with one spot of 1" :o . The water was really murky (around 1' of clarity). The bay was packed and we only saw 4 other pike iced. The perch bite was horrible. We saw one nice perch caught other than the one we caught. Hopefully the bay will clear up soon.

cant believe the water is still that murky? im itching to get out and put a whuppin' on some perch but its seems like i havent missed much. i drove by on saturday at midday and it was quite busy.

Rob,

You should have seen it Saturday morning. It was a zoo. I had a jerk drill a hole 10' from my tip up. There was a huge section of ice with no one on it 30 yards away but he had to fish right next to my tip up.