Back at it again first light 

4  flashers and my Gary D rig . 

1 release in 1.5 hrs 

Put out a,few spoons and took a steel head . 

Flasher goes off , nothing there.  

Flasher goes again . Grab the rod and,feel the fish shaking his head and the line breaks again .

I have had 3 meathead breakoffs in 2 mornings . And about 10 since spring 

25# Flouro and 40# big game . 

I am convinced now that they are bite offs . As I hook the hook on my rod holder and yank hard on the leader  and it's,strong.I have,also unhooked many fish that has the hook down its,throat . 

Very dissapointing as I found something that really works for me but I can't land the fish . Never,had,thus happen to me to this degree.

50# braid tommorow 

I was up mexico this past week and had a fish on 90 down over 100 and take a f/f and just sat there shaking its head  til it shook off. was kinda strange. I am not sure what it was. a charter guy thought it was a laker ?????                I also had something beak off or bite off the rear treble on an Atomic  tourney rig and that's 50# fluoro

Edited by newmike

I think I solved the problem as I have not been bit off since I changed .And I have hook a,good amount of kings the last 2 days  I don't like what I did , but it seems to work till I come up with a better solution . I worry about balance and weight . 

I noticed the Dream weaver meat rigs have a piece of plastic , let's call it tube , a few inches above the hook . 

The Scotty heads have the same .