Lure tape adhesive removal

Most of you guys probably already know this, but maybe I can help a few. After removing the lure tape on a bunch of my spoons I had a heck of a time trying to find an adhesive remover that really worked. I tried acetone, paint thinner, Goof Off, xylene,denatured alcohol and a few others without great luck. Seemed like the ones that partially worked still left some sticky residue that required further cleaning. Then, someone suggested I try rubbing alcohol. I was really skeptical but figured I'd give it a try since I already had some in the medicine cabinet, it was cheap, and I had nothing to lose. Well, all I can say is "Problem solved"! 90% isopropyl alcohol worked like a charm for removing the adhesive, didn't leave any lasting odor, and it's cheap and easy to come by. For some of the spoons where the tape was hard to remove I just soaked the spoons in a small container of alcohol for about 10 minutes and it came right off. So for any of you that might be running into the same problem, give it a try.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1