I'm planning a may trip up fishing around chamount bay and black river area also st.lawrence around thousand islands area , wondering what kinda fish to expect and what baits are hot this time of year

Brown Trout.....troll light spoons and stickbaits. I wouldn't pass up the Smallmouth bite either. They will start to get on beds in May, and that's a great area for Smallmouth. Try pitching tubes or tossing spinnerbaits around to entice some of them.

the BT that far north isnt too hot, but if you want to target them in may look to the shores out side of point peninsula, stony point, stony island, calf island shoal, galoo island. If you get south of stony point the BT fishing will get dramatically better. The pike fishing that time of year can be real hot running sticks off the boards in shallow water (use 50lb power pro leaders so you dont turn off the eyes). For eyes that time of year try guffins bay, black river bay, 3 mile bay, mud bay.... the fish will be any where from 5-35 fow.. use stick baits: husky jerks, bombers, reef runners.. try natural colors with orange bellys.. the laker fishing off stony point can be real good too. dont plan on the salmon too much... The perch fishing can be real hot in the same areas i mentioned for pike and eyes....

Thanks for the info I'm coming up from maryland so this info will save alot of time for me hopefully is it worth spending any time in the black river heard browns and lake run rainbows are there in may along with some pike

thanks again , chris