Transducer

DixieDangle

Any recommendations on a a transducer for a lowrance elite 7 hdi. Mostly for salmon fishin 60 to 100 fow. I currently have the one that came w it but I'm having issues of it losing my depth. Turning it off and on a fes times generally fixes it. Has always had a problem w it tracking depth once I hit 15 or 20 mph.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Did you update the software to the 2016 version 6 and the 2019 GPS Rollover patch?

https://downloads.lowrance.com/

I still occasionally have the same problem but last time out I was marking bottom fine at 40 mph. I think there is a bug in the software but the unit is not in all probability going to receive more updates.

• Like 1

I've had this setup for a couple years and havent checked to see if that update was installed. If that doesnt help I'll look more into placement. It's a slotted bracket so it looks like if I adjust angle either way it's not gunna be right. The depth of it on transom isnt somethin I'm overly keen on moving as it looks like it would involve more holes.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Lake Ontario United mobile app

It may not be the transducer location that is the problem. I wonder if setting the ping rate higher might help? I think there is a glitch in the software though as I have had it happen right at start up in the past too. Sometimes I have had to change the depth range manually from auto to say 250 and let it acquire bottom and then change it back to auto and turn it off then back on.

Edited by Sk8man