1875 tyee batteries and trolling motor

Cody191

So this spring I’ll be picking up my new tyee. I want to start lining out my trolling motor/ battery and charger setup but am unsure about a few things. I’m hoping someone on here has one and can tell me the answers to my questions.

Can you fit 3 batteries and a 3 bank charger in the factory battery compartment on the bow? I’ve only seen pictures of 2 batteries and I want to put on a 36v motor. Also, I would like to do a 72” shaft. Is there enough space on the bow gunnel without it hitting the windshield while in the stowed position? And will it clear the grab handle that is on the front of the tyee?

Thanks all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, apparently nobody has done this? Now my question is if I can’t fit all 3 batteries in the one compartment, is there anything wrong with putting the 3rd one in the rear of the boat for the 36v system? Assuming I ran heavy gauge wires to it. It would actually be the second battery in the system that’s in the rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

image-2020-11-23-06:45:31-227.jpg

I’m sure installers have dealt with this in rigging boats. Couple of guys on here like Yankee Troller and L&M might have some answers for you as well. As you mentioned, gauge of wire for the amp draw is a big deal. Also if you are going to use on-board chargers, how they would Impact the setup with that long of a run battery in the lineup.

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

If you are getting a new boat your dealer should be able to answer your questions.  Believe the Tyee can be factory equipped with 24/36 systems and TM with 60” or 72” shafts along with 2 or 3 bank on board chargers.  If your boat hasn’t been built might not be too late to change specs.  I have an older Pro V that has factory 24/36 wiring with room for 2 or 3 batteries upfront along with factory on board charger.

You might find useful information on the “build a boat” section of Lunds website for your model with available options.  I’d also go back to dealership and sales rep with questions.  I think you’ll find boat will be wired for either 24 or 36 volt TM as std equipment.

I imagine you could put a battery in the compartment in front of the livewell.  I had my Rebel XL wired for 24V.  The factory battery compartment only has room for 1 battery.  The second battery was mounted in the storage compartment in front of it.  I attached the factory picture of mine here.  You can see there is only one battery, but there is a path to run a cord to the compartment in front of it.  I would guess your boat will have something similiar.

1650-Rebel-XL-SS-Overhead-Open_ds-black-1080x400.jpg

• 1 month later...