Thank You Navionics !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A month ago i purchased a 14xg-2 nav. chip from navionics .for my lowrance fishstrike 1000c combo unit unshure as to what chip to buy i called Bass Pro and talked to the "expert" and he said my unit was too old and would need a free upgrade for todays chips ,after about 1/2 hr of him doing research for me...... Then i called navionics told them what unit i had and 2 sec later they told me what chip i needed .I purchased the recomended chip and tried to load using my unfriendly owners manual,then i called lawarence for help a move i knew would cost me a t least 1/2 to 1 hr of my life on hold again.As i listened to the "you are very important to us " message for the third time ,I called the 800 number for navionics on my cell as my home phone was on hold .... Within 30 sec of a PERSON saying hello i had the chip ;loaded and running.tha Accuracy of this chip as a navagation aid is amazing and it shows most every rock,jetty,and shole that could cause a recreation boater to run aground not to mention every nav, aid,bouy,and channel marker .then i recived my FREE FISHING CHIP needless to say 1 phone call and 30 sec (not min.) the chip was loaded and working great.My test run on lake Ontario was eye opening as to the great detail of bottom changes and structure i never knew existed .IT is with great antisapation and another HUGE LEARNING curve tool at hand that i will be using for my quest to locate the secret spots for kings. Already it is clear why some of the hot spots i have stumbled on in the last 6 years keep producing good results due to bottom changes. My advice is if you have a unit that will axcept these chips go for it, im shure it will be the best fishing aid investment sence my fishfinder .....Thank You Jeff and the Tech reps from NAVIONICS.

Ray, that fishin chip is invaluable as far as identifying structure. I've been using it for three years and it "definitely" helped increase the catch. For me its most valuable in locating those subtle dropoffs where prestaging salmon like to hang.

As you said its also very accurate. BTW, I got it after purchasing the Navionics gold, and after looking at the gold chip once, i have never looked at it again.

If there was a way to buy just the fishin chip, I would have. :yes:

Calm down Mark, Unfortunately you have to buy one of the "NOT FREE" chips to get the FREE Fishin Chip :@ last time i checked they didn't sell the Fishin Chip by itself.

They make you fill out some crap about your personal info, and sent it in. Must be for marketing purposes i guess. :mooning:

Good post Ray thanks................

I was poking around looking into all of this a found this info as just a heads up for everyone :

>Why cant I have the Fish N Chip on the same chip that I purchased? A: Some of our GPS plotter partners have automatic selection of the charts that make up a chip covering a certain territory. Since the Fish N Chip is for fishing only, there is a risk that in some areas the plotters automatic chart selection may choose the fishing data instead of the navigation data. Until such time that all plotters can distinguish between navigation and fishing charts, Navionics decided to absorb the greater cost of shipping an extra chip to our customers for their safety.

I found this and more info on this web page :

http://www.myboatsgear.com/mbg/product.asp?prodID=600

I have the " HotMaps Gold East

NE/GOLD-E

Dec-2004

It's NOT very impressive for the finger lakes not bad for Lake Ontario.

What everyone take on the NEW one's , they would give me $25.00 back if I sent this old one in if I bought a new one is it or was it worth it to you ???