Port Credit to Hamilton - North Shore

Thinking of trying my luck in early May on Lake Ontario between Port Credit and Hamilton. I see the odd boat out when going across the Burlington Skyway Bridge. Any suggestions? Close to shore? Way out like in Summer at 200 to 300 feet ? Downriggers? Flatline? Planer Boards? Newbie but doesnt want to shine lures all day... ;)

David

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fishing good further round the bend too. Had a great day out with 9 chinook ( 8lbs to 22lbs) 2 Saturdays ago off Grimsby. Best part they were all taken in 15 to 25 ft of water at that stage. Few boats out at 50 ft and the action seemed slower there on that trip. Suspect the fish will have moved further out by now but the stretch - Grimsby to Port Welland should still be worth a try!

Good luck :

• 2 weeks later...

Anything going on in P. Credit right now? Was out last Saturday in Credit, caught an 8 pound Coho, 18 pound Chinook. Didn't mark much all day. Fishing in 80 - 160 ft, dipseys, riggers tried all depths. Only two hits and we pulled in both of them. Some boats out, a few charters out in 200 ft.

Anyone had any other success? Any info would be much appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...

Fished off Bronte on the 27th. Tons of bait in 90 to 100 fow. I mean tons! I think there was too much bait around as the fishing was slow. My fishing buddy and I caught a rainbow each and I also managed to boat a 20 pound salmon. But man, so much bait, its like the old days, when the lines would vibrate going through the schools. I have to mention that one of the rainbows had 2 big alewife in the gut. They had to be close to 6 in long.

IMG_0380.jpg

Fished off Bronte on the 27th. Tons of bait in 90 to 100 fow. I mean tons! I think there was too much bait around as the fishing was slow. My fishing buddy and I caught a rainbow each and I also managed to boat a 20 pound salmon. But man, so much bait, its like the old days, when the lines would vibrate going through the schools. I have to mention that one of the rainbows had 2 big alewife in the gut. They had to be close to 6 in long.

IMG_0380.jpg

That's a beauty, did you happen to hook that just in front of those crazy kayakers Sat. morn? ;)

Neil

Nope, we saw you guys out there, but this one came at almost noon. Had to move out deeper to avoid all the blow boats going in circles. Man those guys are iritating.

yes, they were throwing quite a bit of chop as us, not too bad tho.

We saw two boats hook-up almost exactly the same moment, one right in front of us, and the one right to the north of us, that was probably about 10:30 AM in 135 FOW. All we got was a hit, and if the rod hadn't of nearly bounced out of the Scotty we might have had a hook-up! Maybe next time, I want a salmon powered ride :)

Neil

Amazing catch!

I'm a newbie and looking to get out any where from Prot Credit to Grimsby. How would I go about getting some assistance in this area? Charter or are there people who don't mind an extra fisherman or two to tag?

Cheers,

Ryan