Olcott - Wednesday-Friday (7/14 - 7/15)

Planning to fish out of Olcott starting Wednesday evening thru Friday morning. Haven't been over for 2 years!

Can someone tell me where I can buy some "meat" over that way? Sounds like a couple places we used to stop at are no longer in business. TIA!

Would enjoy working with some other anglers on the water.

What channel do most people use out of Olcott?

Thanks!

DammitDave

1 hour ago, Fishhubter29 said:

We are headed up Friday morning for the weekend. Buddies did good a couple weeks ago on meat and spoons. Hopefully these storms don't mess the fishing up.

I'll be happy to share our intel (hopefully we figure out a couple things). We'll be on the road late morning so probably won't be posting. Give me a call Friday noonish or after. 715 977-2425

Slow for us this afternoon. Had no real intel to go on, so headed out to 300 and didn’t find any bait or marks. Looked around for fish with poor results. Headed NE and managed 3 steelhead in 440 FOW. One on wire Dipsy back 80 with F/F and the other braid dipsy 120 w green and black spoon. Pulled lines and went looking for marks with no luck. Came into 320 and had a couple bait balls and took a 2 year old king on rigger down 80 on green and black spin doctor and fly.

Tons of water fleas and lots of salad. You really need to check your lines frequently to clean them off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

We had a similar experience today. We started just before sunrise and quickly picked up 3 nice steelhead on spoons between 150-200 fow. After that everything went dead except for two shaker kings out in 300+ fow that we discovered while cleaning lines. The last two days we hooked logs, balloons, plastic bags, and big clumps of weeds all while dealing with heavy fleas. It’s messy out there

We had a similar experience today. We started just before sunrise and quickly picked up 3 nice steelhead on spoons between 150-200 fow. After that everything went dead except for two shaker kings out in 300+ fow that we discovered while cleaning lines. The last two days we hooked logs, balloons, plastic bags, and big clumps of weeds all while dealing with heavy fleas. It’s messy out there

Ugh! Better luck next time. Off to bed now!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  • Like 1