Recommended Electronics for trolling

I’m looking to upgrade my electronics on my boat over winter.   It has an older ray marine C80 that I use for sonar and an older lowrance 7” unit that’s used for mapping.   I troll both shallow for walleye and Deep for trout.  I’m looking to possibly get 7” unit for running depth charts on that will be mounted in my hard top and then mounting a larger unit on the helm.  Does anyone have any recommendations of units that network together easily?  I’m also looking for something that’s capable of adding radar to also if I decide to do so.  Thanks. 

On 10/26/2021 at 7:50 PM, mathews_hunter said:

I’m looking to upgrade my electronics on my boat over winter.   It has an older ray marine C80 that I use for sonar and an older lowrance 7” unit that’s used for mapping.   I troll both shallow for walleye and Deep for trout.  I’m looking to possibly get 7” unit for running depth charts on that will be mounted in my hard top and then mounting a larger unit on the helm.  Does anyone have any recommendations of units that network together easily?  I’m also looking for something that’s capable of adding radar to also if I decide to do so.  Thanks. 

All the major manufacturers will network well and will run radar. We run Humminbird on our boats and have no issues. If you went Humminbird I'd recommend the HELIX series and an Airmar transducer. I sell a lot of Garmin at the marina. This brand also networks well with each other. If you want to get radar eventually you have to use the GPSMAP series (743/943/1243). No need to go 86xx series. If you want to chat further about this you can reach me at Krenzer Marine M-F 8am-5pm. I'm in service. I sell a ton of electronics out of here. I also have one Tech here who installs electronics 40hrs+ a week 52 weeks a year. That's all he does, so we are very knowledgeable when it comes to these things.